Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Progress on Evan's Big Boy Room

Evan & I did another project for his room update - some art to replace the baby quilt below:
Before - baby decor with my "blankie" from when I was a baby, a dress that Grandma Pete wore when she was little, baby photos of family members, and Winnie the Pooh accessories.
First we applied letter stickers to two canvases.  We spelled out part of the chorus from Three Little Birds, which is one of Evan's favorite songs.  =) 

Then we painted the canvases with green, blue & orange paint, chosen by Evan.  He was desperate to mix the orange paint with the blue & green, but I did not want the paintings to end up "preschooler brown," so I put the kibosh on that!  We added orange accents after the green & blue dried.

Then we pulled the stickers off, and it looked kind of crappy!!  The paint bled under the edges, while the adhesive would not come off of the canvas on some letters - not sure how both could happen at the same time?!  I did not take photos of me touching up the letters with white paint after Evan went to bed... I was ok with it being "free-form," but I could not handle all those jagged edges! 

And here they are, hung in his room!  Next up is changing out the baby accessories on the shelves.  When I mentioned to Evan that we could choose some new things for his shelves, it kind of blew his mind.  It will be interesting to see how it turns out!  I also ordered some cute fabric for new curtains and perhaps a bunting?  =)
It's hard to see here, but I did sneak in three little blue birds in the lower right corner of the bottom painting.  See how I am?


Ben's take: This goes really great in his room
along with his pop art. I am most excited about seeing
what will be new for those shelves. It was awesome just watching
them paint it, and it looks SO great when you are actually right there.

1 comment:

We LOVE comments - thanks for letting us know what you think of our blog!