From Ben: Today we did bubbles for our crafty Mon. craft. First, we just used normal bubbles and just played around with the bubbles. then, my mom made these cool blowers that make cool bubble snakes. I couldn't figure those out at first. Then mom mixed bubbles with food coloring and I made a painting I call "desert of domes". Then I tried the bottle blowers again, and it worked great! I made a lot of cool paintings. I put salt on some and they turned out great! I had a lot of fun,and I can't belive how great it worked!
And from Amy: I was SO excited about Crafty Monday: Bubble Edition, and that may have been my first mistake!! It seemed like the whole darn thing might be a bust, including the homemade bubble solution, dollar aisle bubble wands, homemade pipe cleaner bubble wands, bubble blowers, and bubble painting.... doesn't it sound like fun? The kids hated all of it! We finally sat down & let them play the way they wanted to play... and they had such a good time! Lesson learned, I guess? Ask me again after the next Crafty Monday! =) We ended up making a bubble bath in the pool, and Ben eventually got the hang of the bubble snake blower & used it to do some painting. As long as they have fun, it is never a total waste, right? RIGHT?!
Here are some photos, starting with the bust activities & moving on to some actual fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment
We LOVE comments - thanks for letting us know what you think of our blog!