Saturday, June 26, 2010

Crafty Friday?

We finally decided not to wait to start Crafty Monday.... it would have been the middle of July if we waited for a Monday when we were all free!  We went ahead & tie-dyed t-shirts on Friday.  The shirts turned out really great, but the kids were disappointed that they didn't get to do more.  Since we had a TON of dye left after we did their shirts, we let the kids squirt some dye on a hand towel & some burp cloths, so they did get to have some fun.  Next time we will choose something with more for them to do - Bubble Day, or maybe Painting Day?

Ben's summary: I used the freehand technique to make a pawprint. They all turned out great but I think I should've added the red first, because that's how mom made evan's on which the orange turned out great but on mine the orange didn't work as well. I had a great time. I think next time we should paint and combine Mom's two ideas by bubble painting. I can't wait! 

Ready to get started:

Shaking, shaking, shaking



Evan's shirt, in-process

Hmmm... the gloves that came in the kit were not very helpful!

The (almost) finished products - Evan's spiral, Ben's freehand & Mimi's sunburst (Mine is not actually done.- ben.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE comments - thanks for letting us know what you think of our blog!